I've put together a head, torso and legs and removed all the mould lines which are inherent to any casting be it metal, resin or plastic. I've then set about refining the detail and improving the undercuts in certain areas.
Here are some comparison pics of a marine OOB and one I've 'enhanced' - pockets; buttons removed to be replaced at a later stage, flaps and expansion pleat given sharper definition. Body-armour; back of the arms, shoulder pads given undercuts and better definition. Boots; soles defined. Head; peak of cap thinned near ears, 'Colonial Marines' collar added to neck (I tend to do this with most figures that have a seperate head to improve the fit - the head is not permanently attached just blu-tacked - I would normally do this with modelling epoxy but here have drilled out the end of a plasticard tube and filed it down to nearer scale thickness then cut the opening in the front). Belt; most importantly, for me, I've given him an 'arse' by carving away the belt at the rear and then recarving to give an overall smaller waist and better shaped posterior. This also makes the back of the body armour appear bulkier and overhang the waist. A little more cleaning-up then I'll move on to the arms and weapon.